Sunday, July 31, 2005

Republican introduces hemp in Congress A bill is being sponsored by a Texas republican to lift federal restrictions on "industrial" hemp farming, which includes food products. Hemp is cannabis bred to remove the psychotropic properties. It is legal to grow hemp in Canada, and it is reportedly a high profit crop there (Gourmet News, Aug). It is increasingly being used in body care products and foods. Hemp is high protein and its oil is high in essential fatty acids. The Coop carries Nutiva hemp nuts, and Dr. Bronner's Alpsnacks feature hemp. We also carry Nutiva hemp oil above the yogurt & are looking into adding Manitoba hemp butter.

10 comments:

Tom Naka said...

Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of health house natural regency spa
for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on health house natural regency spa
. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.

Anonymous said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some food channel research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out food channel

Tom Naka said...

Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a similar site about colorado dental health insurance
. It pretty much covers colorado dental health insurance
related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

Anonymous said...

Greetings!

I am researching conservative tank think
in order to spread the word about a great new
book.

I'm quite sure that many of the readers
of this blog are interested to read about

conservative tank think

Anonymous said...

Wow - great minds eh????

pet vitamin

just check this one out .... pet vitamin resources!

Anonymous said...

I have a related health product blog you might want to check out

Anonymous said...

Anyone looking for some more business degree info?

Anonymous said...

I like to read up on the latest info here california family fitness