Friday, July 01, 2005

Repellents, sun tan lotions--the CDC recommended the essential oil lemon eucalytpus as a critter repellent that does not contain DEET. It is part of their West Nile precautions.
-Click here for more info- However, they didn't specify how to use it or dilute it. A member requested we carry this product, and we have Aura Cacia brand with the suntan lotions on the back end display across from the meat. I tried it on a birding trip in the Catskills, used it sparingly on my ankles, wrists, neck--it seemed to work, wasn't too smelly, a little like citronella, but not so strong. However, it stung briefly when I put it on my face--it is concentrated, strong, one of those products not recommended for pregnant women, small children.

Natures Gate suntan lotions, the Coop standard, has changed its packaging--you may not recognize it. It is on sale now.

Now the pendulum seems to be swinging to the position that too little sun is not good either. Vitamin D is manufactured by the body when exposed to sunlight. Vitamin D is currently being touted as having a role in preventing various maladies, including PMS, osteoporosis and prostate cancer. On a routine exam, my Vitamin D level was tested for the first time, and it was determined to be mildly deficient. And at at the same time being warned to stay out of the sun, I opted not to take a heavy duty Vitamin D supplement, as I was told it is an accumulative vitamin and you can take too much, so followup tests would be needed. What to do? A little more sun and Carlson's cod liver oil. I'm assuming a teaspoon of Carlson's lemon cod liver oil is safe, the lemon masks the fish taste and the bonus is all the those essential omega-3 fatty acids.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of junk food for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on junk food. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

Anonymous said...

great blog - vitamin b complex **!**

Anonymous said...

It always helps to check several places. Like this one divorce law in arkansas