Sunday, April 26, 2009

These are a few of my favorite beers – Lagunitas


I try not to post strictly based on my own taste but in this case I just can help myself. Lagunitas Brewery of Petaluma, CA has always made really solid beers but this year they are knocking it out of the park with their big bottle series (22 oz.). These are some of the best beers in a bottle that I've had this year and they are an amazing value. The Hop Stoopid quickly became one of my favorite beers because of it's big, juicy, citrusy flavor. I've had it on tap, on cask, and in a bottle and every time it was outstanding. At 7.7 abv it is strong but incredibly fresh, well balanced, and drinkable so tread lightly.

And just when I thought it couldn't get better Lagunitas has released the Correctional Ale, another riff on their run-in-with-the-law series. The Correctional Ale is very similar to the Hop Stoopid but has a little less weight at 6.33 abv. It's fresh and bright and one of the best spring/summer hop backbone beers that one can find in a bottle.

Lagunitas brews whatever they want, whenever they want so, don't expect these beers to be around for long but look forward to Lucky 13 and other great beers at fair prices from these eclectic brewers.

Cheers, Anngel

No comments: